The Illinois Power Agency (IPA) has launched a new website for Illinois Shines, its program to expand solar power across the state.
The IPA said the new site combines, transforms, and expands information previously available at the program’s two public websites. IPA added that the new website was “created with user experience in mind” and that it provides “resource-rich information and education materials that better serve stakeholders, prospective and current solar customers, and existing and potential solar developers and installers.”
Features of the new website include:
- Consumer and vendor content in one site, separated by different menu bars. IPA said the new menu bars are designed to help users find the information “more intuitively and efficiently.”
- Greater content organization and explanatory information to better guide prospective Illinois Shines customers through an understanding of solar basics and the Illinois Shines program, including incentives, project types, and financing options.
- Use of page “hubs” to support more specific information-sharing and understanding on key areas including consumer protection, the program’s six project categories, and shorter program announcements.
- Dynamic consumer content including a user-driven disclosure form “Deep Dive” tool to increase consumer understanding of program requirements, and an interactive project map.
- Equity Accountability System page which includes information on equity requirements and Minimum Equity Standard compliance.
- Introduction of ADA-accessible versions of program brochures, with additional accessible content to be added.